Florida - Day 18


Aria:  
Today we went to Discovery Cove and I swam with dolphins. I fed one of the dolphins and I also kissed one.  Then I had to swim out to where it was 15 feet deep to wait for the dolphin.  When the dolphin came I got to hold onto its dorsal fin and its side fin and I didn’t have to do any of the kicking and it didn’t take very long at all and the dolphin brought me all the way back to shore and then it was Dad’s turn.

But first I went to the Aviary (where you can feed the birds). When you feed the birds, they sometimes come and sit on you. Some of them came to sit on me. Some of them liked the seeds and some of them liked the fruit. There were three different sections. In one of the sections there was two white birds that were kind of funny because they were such pigs. When I would try to feed them, the food would just go all over the place.

After that, I went and got a wet suit and went to the Grand Reef and swam with lots of pretty fish, sting rays and manta rays. It was so fun!  There were also some yummy slushies to drink. My favourite one was white cherry.

We decided that Disney is wrong – Discovery Cove is the happiest place on earth.
 

This is the kitchen. Breakfast and lunch were included and we ate well. The food was great.




We all did a little gasp when we saw the size of these things. Even though their barbs had been removed, it still felt a little scary to swim with them. Eventually we got brave enough to reach out and touch them. They feel like velvet.

The water is cool, so they offer wet suits to help you stay warm.

The rays would bury themselves in sand like that to rest on the bottom. I (Connie) stepped on one in the shallow waters when I wasn't looking where I was going, and I couldn't get off of it because it was so big that I kept on stepping on it for about 3 or 4 steps. I shrieked a bit and then noticed that many people on the beach had looked up to see what was the matter. A little embarrassing.


Kaija just couldn't get enough. She could have done this all day.

Rick and Aria enjoying the reef.



Can you see what he's eating? It's a baby mouse. Ick. They had a whole bucket of them to feed these guys.




Comments

Post a Comment